Vision & Mission of the Institute
To be an Institute of Academic Excellence with total commitment to quality education
and research in Management and Information Technology with a holistic concern for
better life, environment and society
To serve the society and improve the quality of life by imparting high quality education
in management and information technology,providing training and development services,fostering
research, giving consultancy services to industry and disseminating knowledge through
the publication of books, journals and magazines
We at Jagan Institute of Management Studies are committed to provide quality management
education, bearing in mind expressed and implied needs of the students, society
We aim at providing on a permanent basis facilities for the students to achieve
academic excellence for employability as world class managers and entrepreneurs.
Department of Management
To be a department of excellence in management education, widely known for the development of competent and socially responsible business leaders, entrepreneurs and researchers.
- To impart established and contemporary management knowledge
- To synchronize concepts, logic and skills for effective business decision making
- To encourage entrepreneurial environment and nurture innovative ideas
- To foster research and provide consultancy service to the corporate
- To promote awareness towards social issues through various group activities and events.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To develop technical competence in various functional domains such as Marketing, Finance, HR, Operations, International Business, and Retail
- To ensure Employability and exponential career growth of students.
- To sharpen decision making skills to ensure sustainability in competitive business environment
- To develop socially responsible corporate citizens.
- To impart entrepreneurial skills to establish and run successful business ventures.
- To imbibe confidence and improve personality of the students through regular individual and group activities, Presentations, Role plays and Personality development & Communication sessions
- Improve the campus environment by building effective relationship among faculty, student and alumni.
- To impart and disseminate knowledge through innovative pedagogy to develop the future business leaders.
- Expected to understand theoretical framework of management fundamentals
- Expected to apply programme learning to practical business situations
- Expected to demonstrate appropriate behavioral dimensions at work place
- Ability to identify, analyze, present business issues and make quantitative and qualitative decisions in the respective specialization
- Ability to use relevant IT tools
Department of Information Technology
The Department strives for building quality professional who all are committed and self motivated with specific skills and to prepare the students for the diverse work place of the Global Environment.
The mission of the Department is to develop the next generation of high quality Information Technology professionals to cater to the needs of the IT Industry.
- To Train world class Technocrats in IT fields for Global Placement.
- To improve managerial and team skills.
- To enrich the human capital of nation.
- To encourage innovation and promote quality research in the field of
- IT education.
- To inculcate the responsibility towards society and to make the students sensitive to the Environmental Protection.
- Ability to apply computer science techniques & skills necessary for developing Computer Applications in the industry.
- An ability to conduct experiments, demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the project, analyze and interpret data, and apply these in the field of computer software design.
- Ability to function as an effective Team member in the software development process.
- An ability to apply knowledge of Networking Data Structures, Database Management, Programming Languages, Software Engineering Testing, Mobile Applications, Mathematics.
- Ability to apply knowledge of research methodologies in their disciplines and capacity to interpret findings.